Did you know?
Corn, beans and squash, known as the Three Sisters, are a well-balanced, nutritious diet which is why these crops are so significant for our people and later the settlers.
Corn is an excellent source of carbohydrates, beans are high in protein, and squash has many vitamins and minerals.
Over three centuries before Thanksgiving, the Iroquois have grown the Three Sisters!
Essentially, the corn becomes a pole up which the beans can climb, and the bean vines stabilize the corn so it does not blow over in windy conditions.
The beans are a type of legume, and bacteria on the roots of legumes take nitrogen found in the air and soil and make it usable for crops, also known as “fixing” nitrogen.
The squash plants produce large leaves that shade all three plants, protecting them from weeds and keeping the soil cool and moist.
Additionally, spiky squash plants keep predators like raccoons and other rodents at bay, guarding bean and corn plants as well.
Written by Sean Rayland
Art by, Kale Bonham
Authentic, Empowering, and Comfortable.
- This retail fitting tee is super soft and has a premium feel.
- You can wear it to class, to a casual outing, or even to a ceremony. We pretty much wear them every day and everywhere.
- The tee is unisex in sizing, side-seamed, with a rib-knit crewneck.
- The shoulder and neck are taped with double-needle sleeves and hem.
- 100% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton
- 32 single
- 4.2 oz
The short-sleeved unisex tee is made from 100% combed and ring-spun cotton.
The shirt has a premium feel and fits well.
100% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton, 32 single 4.2 oz.